I love to eat chicken tikka. But sometimes, I am not in mood to do all the hard work to light up the BBQ. On such lazy occasions, I cook Chicken Tikka in oven. Since my husband loves to eat roast potatoes, So I combine Chicken Tikka with Roast Potatoes.
The chicken must be marinated for at least half an hour. The easiest way is to add the marinate to the chicken and after 15 minutes turn the oven on. By the time oven is ready the chicken has already absorbed all the flavours of the marinate.
Make sure that you grind everything really well. Adjust the amount of lemon juice according to your taste. Moreover, it’s better to use baby potatoes, as they take same time to cook as the chicken. I use Leg pieces, as this is the favourite part of chicken in our house. But you can also add chicken thighs or wings. I use extra garlic cloves to add aroma to whole dish while cooking. I usually serve these with my Lemon Chicken Pulao also known as Pilaf. I will upload it’s recipe as well. But for now try these and let me know if you liked it.
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Ginger 1 inch peeled
- Garlic 5 Cloves peeled
- Garlic Cloves 4 for roasting
- Cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
- Paprika 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil 1-2 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cardamom seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Chicken Legs 8-10
- Baby Roast Potatoes 300g
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon juice
- Red chilli flakes 1 Teaspoon
- In a blender add garam masala, lemon juice, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chilli flakes, ginger, 5 peeled garlic cloves, paprika, cardamom seeds and turmeric.
- Add salt to taste and blend it to a paste.
- Apply it to chicken pieces and let it marinate for half an hour.
- In a roasting tray add 1 Teaspoon oil. Add potatoes and season them with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add the chicken and 4 garlic cloves to the roasting tray with the baby potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon chicken Pulao. Enjoy!