As you all know by now that I try to incorporate fish in my diet as mush as I can. This is why I have more fish recipes on my blog as compared to chicken or mutton etc. So here is another one of my all time favourite fish recipes: Fish Curry. I cook this curry whenever I want to eat rice with Fish Curry Just like Bengalis. But this version of curry is not like any Bengal curry. Its one of my own successful experiments 😛 Since it’s very tasty I make it quite often.
Make sure that you use any hard fish like COD etc so that the fish does not dissolve in the curry while cooking. Also please make sure that you let the curry simmer for at least 30-40 minutes. Also fry the Masala for at least 10-15 minutes so that your throat does not burn because of uncooked chilli powder.If you don’t fry it properly than after cooking you can still taste raw chilli on the back of your throat.
Enough precautions for now, back to the recipe:
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Cod Fish 1 Kg fillets
- Chopped onions 2
- 2 Tomatoes roughly chopped
- Ginger 1 inch peeled
- Garlic 5-6 cloves peeled
- Turmeric 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder 1 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Fennel 1 Teaspoon
- Cardamom seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Oil for frying 4 Tablespoons
- Sliced Ginger for Decoration 1 inch
- Water 4 cups
- Take a blender add onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds,cardamom seeds and fennel seeds and blend.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt.
- Fry for 1 minute and then add the mixture.
- Fry for atlas 10-15 minutes or until the oil is separated from the mixture.
- Then add the remaining water in it.
- Bring to boil and then add fish fillet in it.
- Let it simmer for atlas 30-40 minutes on medium heat.
- Then check if the curry consistency is according to your requirements.
- If not then increase the flame to maximum and let the curry dry a bit.
- When it has reached your desired consistency then sprinkle some sliced ginger and serve with boiled rice. Enjoy!