Whenever, I invite friends to afternoon tea, I love to whisk up a batch of French sweet delicacy macaroons for them. Believe me when I say that they go down a treat and are finished within 10 minutes. I love adding various colors in them to make them more tempting. I know it takes a long time to make them but they are really worth it because of their soft texture and sweetness. I always make them in the morning and then let them cool down and then sandwich them an hour before serving. I also know that this recipe is for a bigger batch but since everyone in my family and friends love them so I have to make big batch to keep their taste buds satisfied :P. I hope you enjoy these macaroons. Comment below to tell me how did it go?
1 hr, 30 Prep Time
30 minCook Time
2 hrTotal Time
- Ground Almonds 200 g
- Icing Sugar 200g
- Caster Sugar 225g
- Large Egg Whites 4
- Liquid Food Colouring of your choice
- Water 3 Tablespoon
- Butter softened 200g
- Icing Sugar 140g
- First of all, in a bowl sift the ground almonds and icing sugar.
- Add 2 Egg Whites and mix to form a paste. Keep this mixture aside.
- Put the water in the pan and add the caster sugar and let it melt. When everything is melted. Let it boil.
- Meanwhile start whisking the 2 egg whites. Stop when soft peaks are formed.
- When the sugar syrup reaches 115C start pouring in to the white eggs soft peaks while mixing it continuously until it becomes stiff and shiny.
- Then add the almond paste mixture into the egg whites and fold it gently until everything is combined.
- If you want various colours then divide the mixture into different bowls and then add colour to each bowl.
- Pipe the mixture into small circles (2cm each) on the baking sheet.
- Tap the baking sheet gently against the work surface.
- Let it rest for 1 hour so that the thin layer is formed on top of macaroons.
- After 1 hour preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- For Filling whisk the butter until smooth.
- Mix the icing sugar and whisk well.
- If you have made the coloured macaroons then divide the filling and mix the same colours which you used for macaroons.
- When the macaroons are done let them cool completely.
- Sandwich the same colured macaroons with same coloured filling.
- When they are finished sprinkle some icing sugar from top.
- Serve them with a cup of Tea and Enjoy.