Lemon rice is one of my favourite dishes. Adding Chicken to it and making it a Pulao was one of my successful experiments. Since then I make it quite often. I usually serve this with my Chicken Tikka with Roast Potatoes.
I use boneless chicken for this pulao. Also, adding turmeric powder to the rice gives it a vibrant yellow colour. This yellow colour makes the rice look delicious. Please make sure that there are no pits in the lemon juice or lemon slices.
Make sure that the ratio of rice to water is 1:2. For example if you are using 2 cups of rice then use 4 cups of water. Please be careful while adding the water to the rice. It has to be exactly according to the measurement or else rice will be too soft. Try this recipe and tell me if you liked it.
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Onion 1 Large chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- Green chillies 4-5 chopped
- Boneless chicken 1 Kg
- Rice 2 Glass
- Water 4 Glass
- 1 Lemon Slices
- 2 Lemon juice
- Oil 3-4 Tablespoon
- Coriander seeds powder 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1 Teaspoon
- Red crushed chillies 1 Teaspoon
- Salt 2 Teaspoon
- Black pepper whole 4-5
- Cloves 4-5
- Turmeric 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Slices
- cardamom seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Grind all the spices into a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat. Fry onion till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add spices paste and fry for a minute or two.
- Add chicken and fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Add a bit of water to prevent from burning.
- Then add 4 glass of water and lemon juice.
- Bring it to boil and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After 10 minutes add rice and mix well.
- Increase the heat until there is almost no water left in rice.
- Then spread the lemon slices on top.
- Then cover it and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on very low heat.
- After 20 minutes serve with Raita and Salad.Enjoy!