Everyone loves mangoes. In summers, I love to make various desserts from Mangoes. One of my favourite Mango Dessert is Mango Trifle. It’s a layered dessert consisting of cake layers, custard and fruits. I use Plain sponge cake for this recipe.
It’s very important that you use Mango Flavour custard in this desert rather than vanilla. Since, I don’t have much time and I like to get away with ready-made things whenever I can. So, instead of making custard from scratch, I use Custard Powder. It saves tons of time and effort to make this desert.
Apart from adding Mango in fruit layer, I also add some strawberries, raspberries and Peaches as well. Make sure that you use lemon juice to coat the fruit with which you are decorating. This will give a hint of acidity which goes really well with the sweetness of custard. I hope you like this. Leave a comment below to tell me about what you think of this recipe.
1 Large Serving Bowl
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 Tablespoon Mango Flavour Custard Powder
- 1 Litre Milk
- Sugar 4 Tablespoons
- Mango 1 Chopped
- Plain Sponge Loaf Cake 1 sliced
- 1 Peaches Slices
- Raspberries 250g
- Strawberries 3-4 Slices as shown in picture
- Boil the Milk. Mix the custard powder in 1/4 cup water.
- Add it to the boiling milk while whisking rapidly.
- Cook for a minute or two.
- Once custard is done put it in a bowl and cover its surface with a cling film so that it does not form a layer.
- Once custard is cooled then, in a serving bowl, put a cake slices layer in the bottom.
- Then add the whole 1 chopped mangoes, few raspberries and strawberries slices.
- Add the custard layer, Then again add the cake slices layer.
- Add more chopped mangoes. Cover it with final layer of custard.
- Line the sides of bowl with Peach Slices.
- Line the centre with Strawberry Slices as shown in the picture.
- Finally fill the centre with the Raspberries Slices.
- Let it Cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour Serve and Enjoy!