Salmon is one of my favourite fishes. I eat it quite often in different forms. I love salmon sandwiche. This sandwich is super healthy and tasty and will keep you full for long time. As you all know by now that I love spicy food so this version of Salmon sandwich is also spicy. To give it extra kick I add Tamarind sauce in it. The white baguette or ciabatta works really well for this sandwich. Personally, I prefer Ciabatta as it absorbs the tamarind sauce beautifully and becomes soft and delicious. Make sure that you adjust the tamarind sauce according to your liking. Dont put too much if you dont like a tangy sandwich.
12 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Salmon 200 gram
- Handful spinach
- Tamarind Paste 1 Tablespoon
- Crushed Red Chillies 1/4 Teaspoon
- 1 Lemon juice
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 Teaspoon
- Ciabatta 1
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Season the fish with salt and black pepper to taste and put the Salmon skin side down in the pan.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on this side.
- Meanwhile take a bowl and add Tamarind Sauce, half lemon juice, Red Crush Chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix well and apply it on the each half of ciabatta. Let the ciabatta absorb the sauce.
- Then turn the fish on other side and add the rest of the half lemon juice and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Put the raw handful spinach on the bottom half of ciabatta.
- Flake the fish and put these flakes on the spinach.
- Put the two halves together and enjoy!